Temporary Resident

Government of Canada has several policies in place which allows candidates to stay temporary and can able to study, work. There are several options available for Temporary stay like


Canada is multicultural country where students from many countries are studying. Canada is ranked in top 10 among the quality of life and also has some of the best universities and colleges which attract so many people to study migrate or visit.

For entering in Canada as an international student, one must obtain the study permit. It is a document that is issued by the government of Canada which allows international students to study in Canada at designation institutions. A Study permit is not a visa, foreign national needs to obtain a temporary residents visa to enter into Canada with their study permit. A Study permit is usually valid for the length of your study program, plus an extra 90 days. This extra time lets you prepare to leave Canada or apply to extend your stay.


Most applicants needs work permit to work in Canada. There are two types of work permits:


An open work permit allows candidates to work for any institutions or employer in Canada. There are couples of exceptions in this rule, which are Candidate cannot work with the employer who is listed as ineligible. Employers who offer escort or erotic related services.


An employer-specific work permit is specific to the employer. Candidate can work only for the employer whose name is mentioned on the work permit. It also has the duration for which a candidate is able to work with that employer.


Visitor Visa a temporary resident visa requires most of the individuals who want to enter in Canada on a short stay. Most people can stay up to 6 months in the country. Normally at the port of entry, the officer will decide the duration of stay. It may be up to 6 months or more Sometimes the officers will also put the date on the passport for stay. If so, then individual needs to leave before that date. If there are not dates on passport then an individual can stay up to 6 months.


Government of Canada introduced Super Visa for those individuals who are Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents who want to obtain temporary residents for their parents or grandparents. The validity of a visa is for Ten years with multiple entries and parents or grandparents can stay up to 2 years without extending their stay. This is different than a regular visitor visa which allows staying up to 6 months.